Monday, May 10, 2010

I'll take the physical challenge, Mark


Wow, it has been a long time since I last posted.  I'm sure Rhonda will be happy to see my new post. :)

So, this weekend I decided to take on a couple new challenges.  These are both challenges I have begun before but never completed.  It will actually be my third attempt at one of them.

The first is the "Hundred Pushup Challenge." http://hundredpushups.com/

The goal of this challenge is pretty obvious, I think.  By the end, you should be able to do 100 consecutive pushups.  The challenge website provides workouts for 6+ weeks based on an initial test and periodic checks along the way.  I did the initial test this morning and got 14.  I begin the workouts tomorrow.

The second challenge is "Couch to 5k."  http://www.c25k.com/

Again, the purpose is fairly evident.  I currently spend way too much of my time on the couch, and in nine weeks time I will have worked up being able to complete a 5k run.  I have even found two or three possible runs at the end of July and beginning of August to choose from for my culminating event.  I completed day one of week one today.

I decided to post this to my blog so that the two or three people who read it will continue to ask me how I'm doing over the next 6 to 9 weeks and keep me accountable.  I really want to complete these this time, so help me out by asking how I'm doing from time to time.  Thanks!

Oh, just an interesting side note.  If there are typos in this post, it is because it was written on my Droid, as we currently have no power thanks to a storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment